The following Steps Outline the Application Process
Step 1: Attend one of our Drop-In (no appointment necessary) group tours. See "Important Dates" link at the right side of this page for upcoming dates and times. You may hand in your completed initial application at the tour or anytime after taking the tour (Siblings of current students are welcome but not required to attend the tour).
Step 2: Download the Application for Admission. Applications can be found at the bottom of this page or can be sent to you via email request (Randi.email@example.com) or picked up at the tour, or CLICK HERE for application.
Step 3: Fill out and submit the Application.
Step 4: A letter confirming your application is complete and detailing your enrollment status will be sent to you when ALL the required records have been received from your previous school. These records include:
- Transcript and/or report cards
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization records
- All Discipline Records (if any)
- All Special Education & 504 Records (if any)
- Hearing and Vision Records
- Test Scores
Special Note: It is the responsibility of the guardian/parent to make sure that we receive the all the required documents. Homeschool students have additional required materials. Please refer to the application.
Step 5: A confirmation of enrollment letter will be sent by the Admissions Director when a space becomes available in the grade level requested. On the letter will be a date by which you must confirm your enrollment and pay a $100 (non-refundable) deposit towards the art class costs (Financial Aid is available).
Step 6: You will receive a phone call from the Director of Admissions to determine your studentʼs schedule (excluding Junior High Students who have a set schedule). We will make three attempts to contact you. After three failed attempts with no return contact you will be removed from the waiting to enroll list and your application placed at the the end of the appropriate waitlist.
Step 7: An orientation packet and schedule will be sent to your home. New students are required to attend orientation with a parent or guardian in early June and pay the remainder of their arts class costs in order to secure their enrollment spot. New students who do not attend orientation (including siblings) will be removed from the enrolled list and their applications will become inactive. All final payments for class costs for new students must be paid by orientation day in mid June.
Step 8: Attend the first day of school. Students who do not attend the first day of school will be removed from the enrolled list.
1. Metro Arts keeps a waitlist for each grade level until the first day of school. On the first day of school the wait list is no longer active. Waitlisted students still interested in attending Metro Arts must reapply after the first tour in September for the following year.
2. Sibling Policy: Metro Arts does gives preference to siblings during the open enrollment application process which ends on the last business day in November. Metro Arts does not give preference to the children of board members or employees.